Covid-19 Restrictions currently require parent signatures each Friday night. Please see forms at the Centre.
The Committee of Maroochy Little Athletics have a duty of care towards all of our registered athletes. Children cannot compete at Maroochy Little Athletics without a parent/guardian in attendance. This is in line with the Parent Charter all parents/carers signed upon registering with the Centre. You may not simply drop your children off. Athletes will not be allowed to compete if their parents/ guardians are not in attendance.
Maroochy Little Athletics is a non-profit athletics centre run entirely by a Committee of Volunteers. Little Athletics is one of the few sports where parents can become fully involved in their child’s sporting interests. Parents, carers and grandparents can help us in the following ways:
- Set-up and pack-up the equipment used on weekly meet nights
- Becoming an Age Marshall
- Assisting an Age Marshall with recording results
- Race Starter or Recorder at the finish line
- Place judging in Race Events
- Spiking, Retrieving and Measuring events such as Discus, Shot Put and Javelin
- Spiking, Measuring and Raking the landing pit at the Long Jump and Triple Jump events
- Helping at High Jump
- Assisting with Coaching/Officiating
At Maroochy Little Athletics we understand that just like our athletes, our parents come from a diverse range of backgrounds and as such have different talents and experience. There is a place for everyone at Little Athletics and there are a number of ways that you can become involved. You may have skills that the centre doesn’t even know they need. So if you think you can help with something, let the committee know.
Your child is in a sport that provides an opportunity for immediate and long term benefits.
- Higher levels of fitness;
- Better health;
- A fun social environment
- The satisfaction derived from skilled performance
- Little Athletics can provide a launching pad for a life-long involvement in sport, whether it be elite or purely recreational
Just as important as any of the above benefits is that Little Athletics provides children with the chance to have fun – TO PLAY. Please do not ever lose sight of this!
Do not underestimate the effect that you can have on your child’s long term participation in and enjoyment of sport.